Making Blackstar Coffee
1. Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 mL (6.7 oz) of water. Again, add an extra tablespoon if you tend to like your coffee kick ass for the rest of the day.
2. Pour hot water - not boiling - into the pot, and gently stir.
3. Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot, stopping just above the water and the ground coffee (do not plunge yet), and let stand for 3-4 minutes.
4. Then plunge, pour and take on the world!
Filter & Drip
1. Rinse the filter with hot water and toss the rinsing water.
2. Measure a tablespoon of coffee for each cup of coffee you want to make. Or if ready to really Unleash your Inner Cowboy or Cowgirl, make it 1.5 tablespoons for each cup.
The Cowboy Way
1. Fill a pan or pot with cold water and turn on the heat.
2. When the water's boiling, add your coffee. The amount of coffee you need will vary, but aim for two tablespoons of coffee for every six ounces of water you use. If you like your coffee more on the strong side, add a third tablespoon!
3. Kill the heat immediately, cover the pan, and wait until all of the grounds settle at the bottom — it will take four to five minutes.
4. You're done: Just slowly pour the coffee off the top or ladle it into cups, and you're all set.